The WWHSHL Scholarship Program was established to support League players who wish to continue their involvement in sports and their active healthy lifestyle while pursuing a post-secondary education on a full time basis.
Scholarships are awarded to select graduating League players entering a post-secondary institution directly from high school, who have competed in the current season, maintained a high level of academic standing, performed at a high level in hockey and other sports in their school and community, and have been involved in playing, coaching, officiating or volunteering in various activities in their school and community.
The value of each scholarship award ranges from $500-$1050 based on the number of recipients in a season. The WWHSHL Scholarship recipients are selected by Committee, and announced at the annual Excellence & Leadership Awards Gala.
1. Applicants must have participated in the Winnipeg Women’s High School Hockey League in their graduating year as a member of a team in the WWHSHL, and
2. Be attending university or college as a full-time student or with a minimum of 18 credit hours in the next regular academic sessions, and
3. Have submitted a completed application form, along with all required information, by the application submission deadline.
1. The Scholarship Committee from the WWHSHL will review applications.
2. A League representative will notify scholarship winners and their schools.
3. The scholarship winners will be announced at the annual awards banquet.
4. The League will advise candidates who are not successful. All decisions of the Scholarship committee are final.
Please submit your completed application, along with the required information identified, by mail, e-mail or in person no later than Friday, March 22, 2019 at 4 PM.
Download the Application Form.
For more information, please contact:
Ken Lazaruk, WWHSHL Referee-in-Chief & Treasurer
236 Waterloo St., Winnipeg, R3N 0S5
Tel: (204) 299-6558